Klingenberg CHP plant
Combined heat and power (CHP)
Vattenfall ownership share
Information on Klingenberg CHP plant and its history
Klingenberg CHP plant was first put into operation in 1927, with extensive renovation work beginning at the plant in 1970. As part of this reconstruction work, the original condensing power plant underwent a technical transformation to become the CHP plant it is today. In line with the environmentally compatible combined heat and power (CHP) principle, the CHP plant generates electricity and heat simultaneously. Fuelled by natural gas, this plant forms the framework for the supply of district heat to the eastern districts of Berlin.